Citizen Input on Colorado’s Judicial Performance Evaluation system sought in statewide hearings
The State Commission on Judicial Performance has announced a series of public hearings to provide citizen input on Colorado’s Judicial Performance Evaluation system as a prelude to lobbying the legislature to renew the program’s governing statute (C.R.S. 13-5.5-101 et. seq.), which sunsets in 2019. See more here. The Commission seeks input on these six questions:
- Do you rely on the “official” Judicial Performance Evaluations when you vote for judges?
Why or why not?
- Do the “official” Judicial Performance Evaluations collect the right information about judges?
- Do the “official” Judicial Performance Evaluations evaluate and report the evaluations properly?
- Does the quality and usefulness of the evaluation information meet your expectations?
- What other attributes of judges should we be gathering feedback on?
- What suggestions do you have to improve the system?
Each meeting will last approximately two hours, depending on attendance and be based on the following agenda: I) Introductions and Meeting Purpose II) General Rules III) Current Program Overview IV) Public input If you cannot attend one of these meetings in person you can submit comments regarding the program via the COJPE “Citizens Feedback” link, or fill out an online survey: Citizens JPE Program Feedback Survey 2016 Hearings are scheduled for the following dates and locations:
- 14 November 2016, 11:00AM to 1:00PM: Denver – Ralph L. Carr Judicial Center Room 1E
- 15 November 2016, Noon to 2 PM: Alamosa – Rio Grande Water Conservation District Office
- 16 November 2016, Noon to 2 PM: Pueblo – Jury Assembly Room Pueblo Combined Court
- 16 November 2016, 4:00 PM: Colorado Springs – Jury Assembly Room El Paso County Judicial Building
- 17 November 2015, Noon to 2 PM: Grand Junction – Jury Assembly Room Mesa County Justice Center
- 18 November 2016, Noon – 2 PM: Breckenridge – Courtroom 3 Summit County Justice Center
- 18 November 2016, Noon to 2 PM: Durango – Jury Assembly Room La Plata County Courthouse
- 21 November 2016, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Lamar – Large Courtroom Prowers County Combined Court
- 22 November 2016, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Greeley – West Plaza Jury Assembly Room
- 22 November 2016, 4:00 PM: Fort Collins – Jury Assembly Room Larimer County Justice Center
- 5 December 2016, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM: Denver – Ralph L. Carr Judicial Center Room 1E