Clear The Bench Colorado presents: Colorado Supreme Court post-”May Day” Monday trivia
Clear The Bench Colorado celebrated “May Day” this weekend with the “May Day at the Runway” fundraiser (er, FUN-raiser) – proving (yet again – after the “Won’t Get Fooled Again” event) that giving money to a great cause need not be boring. It can even be educational – did you know, for example, that May 1st is also (appropriately enough) Law Day?
One of the fun (and educational) contests we held was a Colorado Supreme Court trivia contest – which we’re now sharing with our online reading audience. Answer the following questions in the comments section (below) to qualify for Clear The Bench Colorado schwag (T-shirts, bumper stickers, etc.) – contest ends the same day as the end of the legislative session (May 12th) when your life, liberty, and property will be safe(r) once more.
20 Questions with Clear The Bench Colorado:
1. What Colorado Supreme Court ruling was the inpiration for the launch of Clear The Bench Colorado? (Bonus Point for actual full name of the case as filed)
2. When did Clear The Bench Colorado take off as an organized effort (the “CTBC Birthday” month)?
3. Name 3 of the “Dirty Dozen” tax increases?
4. Where is the Colorado Supreme Court currently located? (Offices and courtrooms)
5. What was the first tax increase to exploit the “April Fools” briefing to the JBC?
6. What two taxes (er, “fees”) did Governor Ritter propose to “balance the budget” that riled up Colorado gun owners last Fall?
7. What recent court victory for individual rights of self-defense may yet be appealed and end up before the Colorado Supreme Court?
8. What does the HB10-1408 (Repeal Congressional Districting Criteria) Bill mean for Colorado?
9. Which Colorado Supreme Court decision expanded the abuse of Eminent Domain powers to include extraterritorial condemnation?
10. Which Supreme Court case violated TABOR by allowing taxes to be disguised as “fees”?
11. Who are the 4 Current Colorado Supreme Court justices up for retention vote?
12. How will the vote appear on the ballot?
13. What percentage of the time (since 1967) have the Performance Review Commissions recommended for retention of incumbent judges?
14. Who appoints the members of the Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission?
15. How many names must be submitted for each opening from which the governor makes a selection?
16. How many new “fees” make up the Colorado Car Tax? (Bonus: Name them)
17. How many years of increases are in the Colorado Car Tax?
18. What was the case that grabbed the power to decide “appropriate” levels of school funding away from elected school boards and the General Assembly?
19. What event was the YouTube video debut for Clear The Bench Colorado?
20. What is the name of the Clear The Bench Colorado celebrity spokespup, and what was her testimony to the Senate Finance Committee in opposition to one of the “Dirty Dozen” tax increases?
(Provide answers in the Comments section, below – provide your contact information either in the comment body or separately via E-mail or contact form)
Answer the call; exercise your right to vote “NO” on the 4 Colorado Supreme Court unjust justices (Michael Bender, Alex Martinez, Nancy Rice, and Chief Justice Mary Mullarkey) who need YOUR approval to continue taking away your constitutional rights: your right to vote on tax increases, your right to defend your home or business from eminent domain abuse, and your right to enjoy the benefits of the rule of law, instead of suffering under rule by activist, agenda-driven “justices.” Help to support Clear The Bench Colorado with your comments (Sound Off!) and your contributions – and vote “NO” on retaining these unjust justices on the bench for another 10-year term!